Marks Cruise And Travel Blog

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Disadvantages of Booking Direct

A couple years ago I was at a convention show.  I was suppose to be selling and promoting the Cruise Brothers but as I was doing so I noticed a response from people that I didn’t pay as much attention to as I should have before then.  I found that people I talked to thought that it was best to go to the cruise lines directly.  Thing was it was very simple to explain why travel agencies had advantages but the reason were simply not known.  So I will make just a few points why the Cruise Lines directly are not the best way to go about booking a vacation.
There are many different cruise lines and brands out there that must compete with each other to fill cabins and in hopes to build more ships with more cabins to fill.  In order to do so they have travel agencies that help determine which cruise line would be the best to suit the clients needs.  Second if say one cruise line started giving better deals to the public then the travel agencies, then agencies would favor other cruise lines  that compete with each other.  The last point I will make is the ability of travel agents to look for group deals and look at all the cruise ships not just one particular line for the best deal.  It is a shame more people do not realize this but after the amount of spending major cruise brands spend, it is no wonder why some think that going direct is the best way to save money. 
Mark Gelfuso
Cruise Bums
Partnership with the Cruise Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment